Sunday, March 8, 2009

But still, it's a cage. Promise me you'll never put a living thing in it.

So the internets were on the fritz for most of the weekend, but I did other stuff instead, like participated in a composting workshop, made soup in a snowstorm, scored some thrift finds for a certain someone, and had lots of coffee with my awesome husband.

Never Love A Wild Thing... by you.
...Mr. Bell by you.

I also got yet another awesome package from sunny California and among the many goodies in it, was this gorgeous 90s dress, and the bird cage, and its escaped bird. Thank you Missa!

As a homage to this beautiful necklace I will leave you with a little related literature:

"Never love a wild thing, Mr. Bell," Holly advised him. "That was Doc's mistake. Always lugging home wild things. A hawk with a hurt wing. One time it was a full-grown bobcat with a broken leg. But you can't give your heart to a wild thing: the more you do, the stronger they will get. Until they're strong enough to run into the woods. Or fly into a tree. Then a taller tree. Then the sky. That's how you'll end up, Mr. Bell. If you let yourself love a wild thing. You'll end up looking at the sky."

"She's drunk." Joe Bell informed me.

If you've only seen the movie, you're damn fool, in my humble opinion. 

Mille Tendresses,

8 comments:

  1. I love this dress and such a sweet necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the dress and the necklace!
    And such a nice quote :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty dress! And, composting and making soup in a snow storm sound like very nice ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like an awesome weekend to me and I agree with becky about the composting and the soup, but I must admit I liked the part about the thrift finds best ;)

    Again, the dress really does look gorgeous on you. I'm so glad you like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. that sounds like a perfect weekend! aw
    hope this one is good too.
    the dress is beautiful, so spring!
    xo s

    ReplyDelete